Travel Diary- Brussels
Hey Dolls,
It has been awhile. As I mentioned in my
last post I was going away for a couple of weeks travelling Europe. And I am
back to the cruel reality that is normal life, Le Sigh! My initial plan was to
keep you guys up to date while I was on my travels but I didn’t bring my laptop
and the blogger app is really annoying to use so I left it until I came back. I
did keep a travel diary while away so I have everything written down so I would
not forget it.
So as you probably have already guessed by
the title this post is going to be on the first place we visited, which was
Brussels. I do not think any of us had high expectations for Brussels as we didn’t
really know that much about it. However, we were pleasantly surprised as it
turned out to be one of the best spots of the trip. Brussels as a city in general
is so pretty the architecture is just amazing. They have the most beautiful
square 'Le Grand-Place', it is actually spectacular at night which I defiantly recommend
checking out.
If you go there I would defiantly recommend
trying a Keirk. It was recommended to me by a college friend (Best
recommendation I ever got). It is a type of cherry beer, very sweet but Oh my
god it tastes amazing. We went out to a bar Delirium, which is such a cool bar it’s got over 2500
different types of beer, you literally could get any type of beer there it
was ridiculous. I think we got the delirium pink beer (which isn’t pink unfortunately)
nevertheless tastes amazing, easiest beer to drink even my friends who wouldn’t
be too fond of drinking beer loved it. Also Delirium is right down the street
from the square so you could definitely go there after to check it out all lit
up.
The areas around Waterloo avenue is really
good for shopping, they’ve got a really good Zara and like 3 H&M's within
like 5 minute walking distance from each other, I swear they love H&M over
in Europe there's so many of them.
The palace is also another area we walked
over to see, it’s nothing really special just looks like a smaller version of
Buckingham palace, the park in front of it though is really nice to stroll
through. That’s about all we got up to in Brussels, we were only there for two
days there before we had to head off to Amsterdam.
Oh and the hostel we stayed in in case
anyone is wondering was H2Go and it was really nice, very good location and
clean which is all you really want from a hostel. It also had a really cool
lounge area where we all watched the opening ceremony of the world cup so the
atmosphere was pretty good at night.
The Square at Night
Keirk in Delirium
Couldn't go to Belgium and not have a Belgian waffle!
Manneken Pis
Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula
Sorry no wifi at Delirium
The Square
Outside the Cathedral
I hope you enjoyed this post & stay tuned
for the next instalment on Amsterdam,








CONVERSATION