Book Talk pt. 3- The Midnight Rose
Hey dolls,
I come bearing a completely different book this week. The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley. Now I read this book awhile back and decided to write about it now because, I'm still working my way through the Outlander series. Which I talked about in my last post here in case you were interested.
The Low Down: Spanning a century and four generations, The Midnight Rose sweeps from the majestic palaces of the great Maharajas of India to the ancient stately homes of England, following the extraordinary life of a remarkable girl, Anahita Chaval, from 1911 to the present day in which it was written (2011). The book covers the grounds of three different characters Rebecca Bradley an American Film Actress who is shooting a movie in a grand old house in the English countryside. Anahita Chaval the protagonist who tells her story from a young girl in India in 1911 all the way through her schooling in England and back to India where she celebrates her hundredth birthday. And last Anahita's great-grandson Ari Malik, who goes to England only to discover the secrets his great-grandmother kept all her life. The book spans between two different time frames. Following Anahita's story during the early 20th century and Ari and Rebecca's stories during the present day.
Side note: I literally have no patience. Like none what so ever! So when it comes to reading books I speed through them in order to find out what happens to the characters. That is why it is so easy for me to put down a book after reading for six hours straight without even realizing where the time has gone. (That actually happened to me last week with Outlander FYI) Anyways you know that feeling when you are immersed in such a fascinating story and you finally reach the end and you're filled with dread because now you have no idea how to continue on in life? Well that is exactly how I felt when finishing The Midnight Rose. It was such an amazingly heart wrenching story and I would love to see it turned into a film. The pages literally turn themselves. A must read in my opinion.
Till next time,
Em. x
Till next time,
Em. x
CONVERSATION