Book Talk- pt 1
Hey Dolls,
Ok so for those of you who don't know I have a degree in English Literature. So for a while I have wanted to just do some blog posts primarily focused on what books I have read. Perhaps have a new book post up every week or so as I am a serial reader and normally fly through them.
I am going to start of with a series that I just finished called Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. It is a series of six books of which only three books are currently out. Its young adult, fantasy genre.
I know it is not everyone's type of book but literally give me anything magical and I will read it and most likely love it. The three that are out right now are Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire. The next book Queen of Shadows is set to be released on September 1st, not to long to wait. Be like me and pre-order the book here. I know I'm so cool!
________________________________________________________________________________
""You could rattle the stars" she whispered. "You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down you know it too. That's what scares you most.""
________________________________________________________________________________
The low down- The story starts with the release of one of the most famous assassins form Endovier a slave labor camp in the North of the Continent. Celaena the books protagonist, is brought out of the camp into the capital in order to compete in the Kings twisted competition. In order for him to find a personal hit man, so to speak. The first book goes through the competition along with strange unexplainable events that happen in the castle during the duration of the competition. And what young adult book would be complete without a love triangle. Honestly who would have suspected that coming? That is basically the first book in a nutshell. I won't go into any more detail than that as I don't want to spoil the rest of the books.
I would recommend reading it if your into this sort of genre, as it is very well written and has an awesome story line, that keeps you enthralled throughout the books. Despite having the same key ingredients that almost every young adult book has, the story does have it's own unique twists. If you loved The Mortal Instruments series then this is the perfect series if your feeling withdrawals!
hope you enjoyed this type of post as its new for me.
Em. x

CONVERSATION