Vanilla and Cinnamon Butterfly Buns

Hey Dolls,

Because I moved back home from Uni I have gotten back into baking, so I decided to share some of my recipes on the blog. I wish I could say that theses are some form of 'healthy' alternative to buns but unfortunately there not. However they taste amazing so you forget about how much sugar is in them quick enough! 

Ingredients

  • 130 grams of margarine or butter 
  • 130g of caster sugar
  • 130g of self raising flour   
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 2 table spoons of Vanilla extract
  • 2 table spoons of grounded cinnamon
  • Strawberry Jam
  • Whipped cream
  • Sprinkles (optional) 

Directions

  • Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
  • Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and mix until light and creamy.
  • In a side bowl crack the two eggs and whisk with a fork. Then add to the butter and sugar and mix together.
  • Add the flour a little at a time to the mixture while mixing, once all the flour is added mix until the batter is a creamy texture. 
  • Add both the Vanilla and cinnamon into the mixture and mix well.
  • Divide the batter equally into the bun cases.
  • Pop into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
  • While waiting for the buns to cook, start to whip the cream until it takes consistency. 
  • Leave to cool. Once cool cut the top of the buns off and cut them in half. Spread the Jam evenly onto the surface of the bun followed by the cream, stick the two pieces of the top of the bun into the cream so as they look like butterfly wings.
  • Decorate the middle of the cream by adding some colourful sprinkles. 
And voilà your butterfly buns are complete.



   
                                                                      Emma x

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION